Essential Job Functions:
The essential job function for the Veteran Administration work study staff is to assist student veterans, active duty military and their families in the use of services and resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and other outside veteran resources to include; New Student Enrollment, outreach to student veterans via face-to-face contact, e-mail, and other media.
Work Site Description:
The Veteran Administration work study staff will be working out of the Student Veterans Center located in room 345 of the Nebraska Union.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist student veterans in utilizing the services and resources provided by the UNL SVO, the University of Nebraska –Lincoln and other outside veteran resources.
- Attend New Student Enrollment to greet incoming student veterans and guide them to the Student Veteran Center.
- Represent the UNL SVO at events and information booths.
- Identify and conduct outreach to veterans keeping them informed of events that benefit veterans and build community among veterans.
- Communicate with veterans and/or targeted groups of veterans using direct contact, social media, the UNL Student Veterans Organization website and other forms of media or communication.
- Perform data entry and generate reports for issues that matter to veterans.
- Assume other duties as assigned related to veteran concerns.
The student must be receiving educational benefits from the Veteran Administration and be enrolled for twelve (12) hours during regular semesters, or nine (9) hours during the summer semester. This part-time opportunity is for the will include some morning hours during New Student Enrollment events.
To apply submit your resume to: Veterans@UNL.edu